Riva Luting is a conventional, self curing, glass ionomer luting cement designed for final cementation of metal based restorations It chemically bonds to metal substrates and the tooth. Riva Luting utilises SDI’s proprietary ionglass™ filler developed by our glass technologists. ionglass™ is a radiopaque, high ion releasing, reactive glass used in SDI’s range of dental cements. Riva Luting releases substantially higher fluoride to assist with remineralisation of the natural dentition.
Riva Luting has low solubility in the oral environment. This increases the material’s ability to resist disintegration and wear caused by oral acidity.
There will be minimal loss of working time when using Riva Luting. With adequate working time and a quick setting property, Riva Luting will shorten chair time and ensures early resistance.
HIGH FLUORIDE RELEASE
Riva Luting’s free movement of fluoride provides benefits to the tooth. Fluoride plays several significant roles in any caries - prevention program. These include the formation of fluorapatite, which is more acid resistant than hydroxyapatite. Fluorapatite is very important for tooth remineralisation
HIGH FLEXURAL STRENGTH
High flexural strength enhances longevity of a glass ionomer luting cement by withstanding mastication forces. Riva Luting’s high flexural strength increases its durability in the oral environment and long term ability to retain indirect restorations.
PROVEN ANTIMICROBIAL EFFECT
Compared to other materials such as fluoride releasing resin cements, Riva Luting has proven antimicrobial activity against three cariogenic bacteria: Streptococcus mutans, Streptococcus sobrinus and Lactobacillus
- Chemically adheres to tooth structure and metal substrates
- BPA & HEMA free
- Very low film thickness – flows easily between restoration and tooth
- Easy to clean up
- Low water solubility - increased longevity and aesthetics
- High bond strengths
- High fluoride releasing and recharging ability
- Bioactive proprietary ionglass™ technology – high ion exchange
- Great for PFM crowns, metal posts, orthodontic bands, implants
- Light yellow shade
- Cementation of metal or porcelain fused to metal inlays, onlays and crowns
- Cementation of stainless steel crowns
- Cementation of posts and screws
- Attachment of metal orthodontic bands Lining