The ProPex Pixi Apex Locator is another innovative solution from Dentsply Sirona & Maillefer, encouraging standard of care in Endodontics and assisting clinicians to deliver more predictable endodontic outcomes.
The ProPex Pixi Apex Locator uses multi frequency technology to locate the apical foramen with great precision under a wide range of canal conditions. The small, pocket sized device takes up minimal space during treatment, storage and transportation, making it accessible for every endodontic treatment.
The ProPex Pixi uses a simplistic LED screen for visual control and progressive sound control with 4 volume levels for ease-of-use. It is powered by a rechargeable battery thus eliminating the need for frequent battery replacement.
- Dentsply Propex Pixi Apex Locator is a device aimed at detecting the minor apical foramen based on the analysis of electrical properties of different tissues inside the root canal system.
- It provides control and comfort with its multi-frequency apex locator technology working in dry and wet canals. It requires no calibration and zero adjustment. See it. Hear it.
- The Propex Pixi features dual control by visually displaying the file progression in the root canal and a progressive sound control with 4 volume levels.
- It is powered by a rechargeable battery thus eliminating the need for frequent battery replacement.
- It is an electronic device used for apex location during root canal treatment for determination of precise working length.It must only be used in hospital environments, clinics or dental offices, by qualified practitioners
- Provide objective information with high degree of accuracy.
- Reduces the number of radiographs which needs to be taken so minimizes time.
- Reduces pain and discomfort in the patient.
- The small, pocket-sized device takes up minimal space during treatment, storage and transportation, making it accessible for every endodontic treatment.
- Helpful for detecting perforations.
Propex Pixi is not recommended for use:
- In patients who have a pacemaker or other implanted electrical devices, or have been cautioned by their physicians against the use of small electric appliances such as shavers, hairdryers, etc
- In patients allergic to metal
- In children
Please Note: Accuracy in readings for apex locators is claimed to be 97.7% accurate. Readings may vary from the conventional method of working length determination (radiographic method) & may fluctuate in cases where the precautions (recommended in user manual) are not followed