Dycal provides potential for improved esthetics, as well as clinically proven performance with quick set times and excellent handling characteristics. Dycal is offered in two shades, Ivory and Dentin, which allows for more natural looking esthetic restorations.
Dycal is a rigid, self-setting material useful in pulp-capping (direct and indirect pulp capping), and as a protective base/liner under dental filling materials. It will not inhibit the polymerization of acrylic and composite restorations.
Based on the original Dycal formulation, Dycal Radiopaque Calcium Hydroxide Composition provides potential for improved esthetics, as well as clinically proven performance. Dycal offers improved physical properties with higher compressive strength and lower solubility than the original Dycal product that serves as the standard in calcium hydroxide materials. The quick set time and excellent handling characteristics of Dycal have helped make it the #1 selling calcium hydroxide composition.
Dycal stimulates the formation of secondary dentin.
- Protects the pulp and promotes the formation of secondary dentin to ensure confidence in performance
- Saves time, and is strong at critical time of condensation
- Less vulnerable to oral fluids for excellent long-term results
- Easy to place with ability to flow where needed while saying in place when
- Available in Self Cure and Visible Light Cure version
- Higher compressive strength
- Lower solubility
- Quick set time and excellent handling characteristics
- Ivory Shade
- Mixing time: 10 seconds
- Working time: 2 minutes 20 seconds
- Setting time: 2½ to 3½ minutes
- Mixing Ratio: Base:Catalyst 1.17g : 1.0g